Stumbled across this gem from Hamburg, where public urination after an evening of drinking is apparently getting out of hand… fascinating approach to the problem!
Love this! Lifted from Eric Barker’s recent “How to Stop Procrastination” blog entry. Well worth reading, if you want to get a better handle on getting on with things…
Gotta love this!
(Lifted from Eric Barker’s blog “Barking up the Wrong Tree”, specifically this entry… thanks, Eric!)
One of my favorite paintings, updated. Ain’t this the truth…
(reprinted from a funny series of classic paintings updated — check it out here...)
Reprinted from Jim Rose’s blog, thought I would share this gem. I not only hear these phrases a lot, I have definitely caught myself uttering them in some of my own public speaking gigs….
Having taught at the university level for a handful of years, and now offering workshops and seminars from my own company(s), I couldn’t resist copying this from fellow blogger Jim Rose (thanks, Jim!) and re-publishing here on my blog. I’ll try to remember to post this up as my first slide at our next workshop as an “icebreaker”…
I came across this gem in the latest copy of the online version of the Economist magazine (which is one of my favorite reads!). Here is a link to the full article.
From the article: “It turns out that aliens are considerate. They seldom disturb earthlings during working or sleeping hours. Rather, they tend to arrive in the evening, especially on Fridays, when folks are sitting on the front porch nursing their fourth beer, the better to appreciate flashing lights in the heavens (see chart). The state aliens like best is Washington—a finding that pre-dates the legalisation of pot there.”
Having just clocked in with another birthday, I was amused and just a little frightened at this infographic. I have absolutely no idea about the accuracy of these charts (how would you go about plotting these things out, I wonder…?) however here is what I take away from it, as it applies to me at my current age:
- could I be a failure? Well, apparently I’m getting up there…
- could I be awesome? Not yet, but much hope for me in the next 25 years
- could I be high? Apparently not.
- could I be a loser? Good chance.. wait a minute, is that the same as being a failure?
- could I be important? Diminishing daily… if I can get to be 100 things will turn around!
- could I be an entrepreneur? Falling off quickly…
- could I be depressed? Every chance of that, it seems.
- could I be misunderstood? Apparently, not much chance of that.
- could I be a liar? Yes. No wait, no. What was the question again?
- could I have all the answers? Come back when I’m 100 and I’ll tell you.